Austin, TX Child Support Attorneys
I have one child and I have been getting 20% of the net resources from my ex. He had another baby and now my child support is half of 25%. How is that fair?
It may not be fair, but the child support guidelines are
|6 or more children||Not less than the amount for 5 children|
Child support is due on the 1st of the month but is not late until the last day of that same month.
The best way is what is the most convenient and foolproof method for you. Payment methods are:
- Pay via credit or debit card using Smart e-Pay, Moneygram or a TouchPay kiosk (fees apply).
- Pay via check to the State Disbursement unit (no fees).
- Pay with cash or money order at a TouchPay kiosk (fees apply)
- Pay via Withholding Order from your paycheck (no fees).
- Pay via autodraft from your checking account using Smart e-Pay (no fee).
I just found out that I fathered a child that I was unaware of until now. Will I owe retroactive child support?
If you had reason to know you were a father, then it is possible to owe retroactive child support.